Friday, July 2, 2010

What your music says about you

Do you ever wonder to yourself as your head bopping to Hall and Oates, driving your geo metro, dressed in all black with more holes in your face than a pin cushion, and a voodoo doll hanging from the rear view mirror, What does my music preferences say about me?!

Well I wonder this quite often, and while I don't think I've "head bopped" to Hall and Oates even once in my life, I do know this about myself...I have a vast and unusual play list on my ipod! So curiosity convinced me to google "What your music says about you" and I found a website oddly called www.outofservice.com, and they have a music personality test. After answering a handful of simple questions pertaining to my musical lifestyle and my childhood (?!) the results were in!

According to "The Do-Re-Mi's of Personality Tests" I am an introverted extrovert, who enjoys science fiction films, and believes that Independence, freedom and excitement are important aspects of life. I'm also dominate, imaginative and energetic.
Well that tells me nothing that I didn't already know and I think I'm just more confused. Maybe they should adjust their resulting comments to YOU ARE COOL OR YOU ARE NOT COOL!
I encourage you to visit this site and take your own music personality test! If nothing else it makes you seem more exciting on paper (unless you're the Hall and Oates pin cushion then...you should take a different test)

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I totally rock out to Hall and Oates--just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So apparently I'm 64% edgy and aggressive? ahahha.... which means - People with high scores on the energetic and aggressive music-preference dimension tend to enjoy taking risks and engaging in thrilling experiences. They also tend to be dominant, imaginative, and energetic. They tend to be politically liberal, and believe that freedom, independence, and excitement are important aspects of life. When it comes to lifestyle, lovers of edgy and aggressive music, tend to come from the middle to lower classes. As for media entertainment, they're likely to enjoy watching action, science fiction, fantasy, war, and horror movies.

    ReplyDelete