Friday, July 9, 2010

Nomadic Envy

First I would like to apologize to the loyal three (and nameless readers) for my recent absenteeism. I was allowing myself a small but necessary summer vacation, basking in the scent of campfire and sleeping on mother nature's mattress, sans the Internet and Blackberry!
Which allowed me time to reflect and to peruse through the current goings on in my life. And what I boiled my raw egg down to is that I (*drum roll*) have NOMADIC ENVY!
It would be best for you to understand now there IS a difference between NOMADS and SQUATTERS! I have no desire to burn my social security card, have my fingerprints surgically removed and disappear from the face of the earth (that would be a squatter)I would however love to move to a different town, village or island once a year and experience a new way of life!
Living in the illusion that we are "free" and have "rights" is stifling me, and if they build another Wal-mart or pop up another Walgreen's is this vicinity I'm sure I will be entirely suffocated!
And while I think visiting the local theatre and not having to drive more than a half mile to purchase butter is a treat, I would immensely prefer to swim with dolphins and sleep in a hut that requires a mosquito net!
And now, allow me to clarify I AM NOT one of those people who believes everything is a conspiracy and I do not think the government has tapped my phone, I do however believe this country has too much money, too much anger, too many electronic devices and too much high fructose corn syrup!
To live with the Pygmies looks like a blessing from where I'm standing!

*NOTE: I AM WILLING TO CONSIDER ALL JOB OPPORTUNITIES AS A BLOGGING NOMAD IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO KNOWS SOMEONE!!!*

1 comment:

  1. Gross. Mother nature's mattress and I do not get along. I think it is so funny that you love it so much. If I am 20 minutes away from the nearest coffee shack, I get nervous. However, if I could pay you to live as a nomad, I would. Reading about it seems interesting. Partaking in it? Hell, no.

    ReplyDelete