Friday, July 30, 2010

Walking gets too boring when you learn how to fly...

You learned from an earlier post of mine that I suffer from a condition, Nomadic Envy! Yes, it's a very serious disease, but can be easily cured with a 17 year old RV (or VW bus), braids in your slightly unwashed hair,some beige corduroy pants and a quilt made of hemp adorned with Aztec tribal designs...oh and no mortgage.
I find my piece of solitude in wearing flip flops from the month of February to October, not agreeing to much of anything and camping during the summer. However, as of late I feel as though I'm climbing the walls with an itch I can't scratch! Maybe it's the fear of getting older (we've discussed that as well) or the fear of living a mediocre life, to land me gracefully in a coffin in about 74 average years! Now don't misunderstand, I love my family very much and appreciate my hardworking husband immensely,(I do however HATE my mortgage, paying for water and telemarketers)and I want more out of life for them as well. I have no intentions of packing up and wandering the unknown without them, but if the opportunity arose for us to be a traveling family, our bags would be packed!
Maybe my Irish heritage is to blame, or my father for allowing me to find freedom in my heart, and never putting a limit on what I could do. Whatever the reason, I desire it so... and maybe one day...who knows!

*I pity the city folk*

No comments:

Post a Comment