Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Luke, I am your father!"

To know me and love me is to accept the fact that I....am a NERD! So when I saw that BING created a Top 5 sci-fi Movies of all time list, I immediately clicked to determine if I concur. I do not!

Here is the list as Bing sees fit:

#1. Star Wars (OK this is where I do agree, Star Wars is and always will be the greatest sci-fi movie of ALL time)
#2. 2001:A Space Odyssey (um, no. Yes this is a good film with it's scientific accuracy and dialog for its time. But I would not put this in the number 2 slot)
#3. E.T (OK, yes this deserves recognition. Probably more deserving of the number two spot than 2001.)
#4. A Clockwork Orange (WTF!? Here's Kubrick's twisted mind again, only this movie doesn't belong on this list. It belongs on the Top 5 cult movies of all time.)
#5. Blade Runner (Yes this is a GREAT movie but probably wouldn't make it onto my top 5...top 10 maybe)

So just for shits and giggles, I've compiled my own list (IF anyone cares :P)

#1. Star Wars (they are all number one to me, I have favorite scenes from each but they wouldn't be great without the entire collection)
#2. The Terminator
#3. Star Trek IV: The Journey Home (and now the current Star Trek is tied with this for the number three spot in my Top 5)
#4. Back To the Future
#5. The Fifth Element (My love for Bruce Willis squeezed Alien out of this slot)


Please feel free to leave your opinion or TOP 5 preferred list. If you think I'm a Dork and (think you) have a witty comment to attempt to ruffle my feathers, I've heard it all before but give it your best shot :p

No comments:

Post a Comment