Tuesday, July 13, 2010

If you don't have anything intelligent to say...

I would be full of sh*t if I told you I never take part in gossip or oogle my eyes across People magazine at the check out to catch a glimpse of Brangelia and Kpats.
However,I'm not the woman who snatches up one copy of every "scandal sheet", I don't go for coffee to "chitty chat" about who's wearing what, sleeping with whom, and driving what vehicle they can't afford. Mostly because I really don't give a damn and also because when I have taken part in the social butterfly fluttering; I feel the dark cloud of karma looming over my head, and my brain's left hemisphere crying for intelligent conversation.
If our country spent less time attempting to live vicariously through the lives of the rich and famous or worrying about what the neighbor over the fence is doing, and put that energy into something useful, imagine what we could accomplish!
Unfortunately I know a large amount of people, that if you stripped away their material items and silenced their overused tongue, there would be nothing left to them!
I'm sure the suffragettes would be ashamed of the tongues of "ladies" today!
I guess the purpose of my rant today is nothing but a puddle of hope. I hope for a brighter, more intellectual tomorrow,where women in coffee shops will discuss anti-gravity and traversable wormholes (and know what they are) while wearing flats and carrying a burlap sack in place of Louis-Gucci-Dooney-Guess!
I suppose in the meantime I shall work on me, you go work on you (if you so desire) and for the love of Christ if you do not know who the Suffragettes are LOOK THEM UP!

BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD - MAHATMA GANDHI

No comments:

Post a Comment