Monday, January 10, 2011

Pant-less Public






I absolutley LOVE the fun, light-heartedness of FLASHMOB! and yesterday's Pant-less Subway ride in New York tickles me pink!!
If you're unaware of what Flashmob is, allow me to enlighten you...
Flashmob is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and pointless act for a brief time, then disperse.
The first flashmob was organized by a man named Bill Wasik (Senior editor of Harper's Magazine) in 2003. While his attempt number one was unsuccessful (due to a tip off to managers of the department store) he put in place a second plan for a group of people to attempt to purchase a "Love rug" in unison at a Macy's, and it was a SUCCESS! Our nation was then blessed with the creation of Flashmob!
Since then there have been thousands of flashmob acts assembled. Public pillow fights, dancing, even a flashmob marriage! While I've never been lucky enough to witness a flashmob, it swells my heart and brings grin to my lips to hear about one!
And I'm filled with sheer delight that 3,500 people took to the FREEZING cold streets of New York (in boxers, briefs,skivvies,grannies and other unmentionables!) to create nothing but joy and maybe a little chaos (for fun)for the world!
THANK YOU PANT-LESS PEOPLE, THANK YOU!

*photo from Examiner.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment